OLD BARRACKS MUSEUM

Project Name: Old Barracks Soldiers and Officers Quarters Museum Restoration  
Project Address: Barrack Street, Trenton NJ  
Project Contract Amount: $4,165,041  
Project Executive: Scott V. Hall  
Project Manager: Scott V. Hall  
Superintendents: Richard Lefebvre/Roy Ralph  
Owner's Name/Contact Person: The State of New Jersey Dept. of Bldg. Construction, William Winterbottom  
Owner's Address: 50 W. State Street - 2nd Floor, Trenton, NJ, 08625-0235  
Owner's Phone Numbers: Phone: 609-633-2716/Fax: 609-203-5591  
Architect's Name/Contact Person: John G. Waite Associates Robert A. Petito, Jr.  
Architect's Phone/Fax Numbers: Phone: 518-449-5440/Fax:518-449-5828  
Description of Project:





  • Originally constructed in 1755
  • Restored exterior stone masonry
  • Installed new stone masonry
  • Heavy structural timber framing
  • Reinforced/stabilized structural steel
  • Structural repairs, including cast-in place concrete and brick
    masonry
  • Rebuilt and replicated timber porch and stairways
  • Restored/reconstructed extensive exterior and interior architectural woodwork
  • Interior finishes to include gypsum plaster, resilient tile flooring and gypsum wallboard
  • New carpet and painting
  • Restored/reconstructed interior wood and tile floor
  • Lead paint abatement
  • Restored lath and plaster
  • Finish hardware and glazing
  • Restored wood doors and windows
  • Rough and finish carpentry
  • New wood shingle roof
  • Terne-coated stainless steel gutters/downspouts
  • New sheet metal roofing and flashings
  • Restored parade grounds
  • Restored site utilities and landscaping
  • New blue stone stairs and walks
  • Replicated historic tree trunk flag pole
  • Replicated historic stockage wood fence and gates
  • Installed new systems for:
    - Fire Protection
    - Security
    - Plumbing
    - Mechanical
    - Electrical

Date of Completion: August 1998  
Historical Preservation Review Agency: Listed in the National & State Registers of Historic Places